Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Long Road to Get Back on the Road

Woo hoo!  Well, maybe more like woo.  Had my check-up with my orthopedist this week.  After resting my hip for two months, he's given me the green light to SLOWLY return to physical activity.  A week on the stationary bike, followed by a week on the elliptical, then a week of walking and jogging on the treadmill, THEN I can attempt to run on the road.  Of course, that's the best case scenario.  Any pain in the hip and I'm back on the IR!  

I'm not too disappointed and trying to stay positive because I'm really anxious to get back to running.  A friend of mine suggested aqua jogging and even my doc said I can start that right away too.  But I've never done it and don't know anyone who has, so a little help here?  Thanks!  

I do have to work on strengthening my hip and leg muscles a lot more as well so that will be something new.  But I'm feeling good about it all as well as continuing to slowly work in Bikram yoga into my routine.  Well, if you have any advice, words of wisdom or encouragement, I would love to hear it!

Keep on runnin'!

1 comment: